WaPo: Intelligence experts say U.S. reminds them of a collapsing nation

In interviews and posts on social media in recent days, current and former U.S. intelligence officials have expressed dismay at the similarity between events at home and the signs of decline or democratic regression they were trained to detect in other nations

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/live-updates-intelligence-experts-say-us-reminds-them-of-a-collapsing-nation/ar-BB14UNLc?ocid=spartanntp

9 Likes

Well, I mean the republicans overturned the democracy and installed their attempt at a puppet dictator.

I don’t know why they’re at all surprised this is the outcome. We’ve done it to literally dozens of other countries before. We’re really good at toppling democracies by installing insane right-wing demagogues. If anyone should know about how that wrecks a nation it should be the fucking spooks.

15 Likes

The playbook didn’t have “Not For Domestic Use” on the cover?
:woman_facepalming:t3:

14 Likes

We know that Trump is absolutely paranoid about bugs and leaks. (Hence he using Mar-A-Lago as his ‘safe house’.) I seriously doubt that US spooks have been helping him. US spooks are Putin’s adversaries, and therefore Trump’s. (And if I was a US spook, I’d pretend to help then spring the big gotcha. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

The article says the intelligence experts are “dismayed,” not “surprised.”

The Republican party is neither.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.