Trump mad that U.S. intel briefed lawmakers on Russian military attack on 2020 elections

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/20/u-s-intelligence-briefed-lawm.html

5 Likes

Not a single republican will give AF.

Not one.

44 Likes

So many impeachable acts. And this is the outcome. Exhaustion. No one can pay attention to it, and none of them lead to any consequences. And republicans are absolutely fine with that.

46 Likes

Some day, years from now, many will be pleading ignorance of the crimes that went down on their watch.

That’s why it’s so important to take notes.

48 Likes

“The Democrats will Weaponize it”.

Hey, maybe put on your big boy pants and tell Russia to knock if off, eh? Then there’s no problem.

Christ on a cracker.

38 Likes

Isn’t firing Maguire under false pretenses and installing a figurehead to hide further details of a foreign power’s attack on our country considered aid and comfort to that enemy, the definition of treason?

37 Likes

Assuming at some point adults take control of the white house again, what is the best way to ensure this nonsense never happens again? I feel like an educated electorate is the best response but what are the odds of that? Part of me thinks maybe Putin should get a taste of his own medicine. Not the election interference that would never work I was thinking more like polonium medicine.

6 Likes

oh not this argument again…

No. Stop asking.

(Requires declaration of war)

8 Likes

I’ve discussed that viewpoint here a few times and I agree.

That said… the 2020 election is absolutely fucked and this report is just the shit cherry on top.

5 Likes

He’s already said he’d never do that. He will take aid from wherever.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I hear that Susan Collins is concerned.

31 Likes

That’s only if you think the constitution means anything anymore. I see precious little sign of that anymore.

4 Likes

…and there hasn’t been one since 1941, so I don’t expect any viable treason charges anytime soon (if ever).

4 Likes

Amy Siskund’s Weekly List is essential reading for this very reason.

8 Likes

Grenell will shape “intelligence” for public consumption to benefit Trump.

3 Likes

Hitler didn’t take over in one day. It was bit by bit, eroding the power of the people and consolidating the power and propaganda in his hands. Nothing else changed around the Germans: Same neighborhoods, same stores, etc., until Kristelnacht. By then it was too late.

25 Likes

I saw who he nominated for the post, and this is why, suddenly?

Wow. Right in the open, brazen attempted coverup there. Theres basically no other way to spin that

4 Likes

Spend $700 on FB ad, rig US election.

3 Likes

Trump is mad because it was China’s turn to help him get elected this time and Russia skipped the line.

9 Likes