How to appreciate a thing of indescribable beauty

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/11/how-to-appreciate-a-thing-of-i.html

6 Likes

How to appreciate a thing of indescribable beauty?

I do every day, I tell my Dear Wife she is the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars to me.

16 Likes

Fra-gee-leh. Must be Italian.

18 Likes

Is your wife reading BB, right now? :wink:

10 Likes

Sad that the the description from the narrator of it being electric sex shining from the window didn’t make it into the linked clip.

10 Likes

Someday something will be good enough for the BBS.

12 Likes

For me its one of my favorite lines from that scene :slight_smile: not that i have a problem with the clip being referenced to begin with.

4 Likes

best part of that scene for me was the number of things junctioned into one outlet. Brings back such great memories of my dad almost burning down the house.

8 Likes

“You are my sun and stars; unfathomably distant and mostly gas. No, wait—I mean you’re like the moon; dirty and pockmarked but so massive you influence the tide. Oh crap I’m bad at this.”

31 Likes

You, sir, are a braver man than me.

6 Likes

Christmas%20Vacation__Clark__sheer%20delight

3 Likes
3 Likes

Poetry%2C%20They%20Should%20Have%20Sent%20a%20Poet%20-%20Contact

7 Likes

How could I forget Max & Butch:
https://www.ouvirmusica.com.br/butcher-jazz/674274/

hqdefault_phixr
It’s a nice little ditty about how a thing of beauty is a joy forever.

1 Like

“Ah, but a man’s reach should exceed his grasp, or else what’s a heaven for?” ~ Robert Browning

10 Likes

tumblr_miqdjjTst41ql2w65o3_250

7 Likes

I know this movie has been played to death, but it remains one of my all time favorites.

Fuuuuuuuddddddggge!

6 Likes

17 Likes

Only I didn’t say, “Fudge”!

6 Likes

I liked the lamps when they started to become more common, but they are mentally intertwined with gentrification for me, so as much as I like the glow I sometimes get irrationally angry when I see a leg lamp.

2 Likes