How to connect a landline phone to a car

Rock n Roll, @tcg550 - Thanks so much, as well! - I completely agree with you on the value of hearing that phone ring!

You MIGHT be able to get the ringer to operate just with a 9v battery, actually. Let me see if I can find the tutorial that demonstrates this.

(looks around) Here’s one that demonstrates connectivity between two phones. It’s not the answer you’re seeking but with the old wiring of your grandmother’s phone, it might be easy to spot the ring wire (for lack of a better term) and providing the right voltage might set it ringing. Good to hear you contacted the other video! Don’t try anything until they reply. They likely can inform you in one way or the other. I love what can be done with old equipment and basics like batteries, though.

Not a ‘ring’ tutorial but here’s how to make a 9V intercom:

2 Likes

Dag - Great appreciations, s4zando! - I must have been writing Cell over and over and just glossed past that. Yes, to anyone finding this through search, the reference is meant to be a Teltone TLS 3 Telephone Line Simulator, not a Cel tone! And this is regarding using a Cell2Jack, not a Jell2Cack.

(simple typos haunting any writer would be a great horror movie!)

I’m reminded of the Sony knock off models:

Thanks again for the observant catch.

Careful not to activate the batchute when you answer.

4 Likes

HA! oh man, I agree: that Batchute button is DANGEROUSLY CLOSE to the phone.

One hopes Batman doesn’t chute himself in his tights!

(great photo)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.