How to open a vodka bottle anti-theft lock

Well also the bottle lock is easily reusable and much less time consuming than attaching a sticker. Just cut open the box of bottles, grab the basket of locks, and then just plop them on one after another.

Also a little disappointed that he didn’t check to see if there really was a RFID tag in there.

I had a friend who worked in a not-so-nice liquor store and she said that one of the biggest losses was that people would come in, crouch down, open a bottle and then just chug as fast as they can - so the locks seem mostly to prevent that.

2 Likes

Username checks out.

1 Like

Thats right! Lawyers never do anything to help criminals evade the law! Because they are ethical, and have a bar to prove it!

1 Like

I once saw a shoplifter walk out the store with as many Gillette Mach 3 razors as he could carry in each hand. He simply strode confidently through the RFID loops with his hands in the air. I’m pretty sure no one but me noticed him.

3 Likes

I mean… not very? I guess it depends on what you mean by “special.” If that’s anything we don’t normally carry around in our pockets, then everything that’s not a phone, keys, wallet, or gum is a special tool for me.

Neodymium magnets are pretty ubiquitous these days. I won’t suffer anything to be affixed to my fridge with a lesser magnet. You could probably find that “special” tool he’s got there at a drugstore for a couple bucks, and certainly at a hardware store.

This guy makes a point of opening bad locks with whatever’s handy when he can—pieces of string, pocket lint, random trash—but most of his videos require tools that are “special” enough you’d have to know what you were ordering from the boutique website. (I.e., you need the #AB-0000 reverse torque shim, not the #AB-000 torquing reverse shim.) And a few of his videos are for locks that require custom-made picks, which he explains the making of.

tl;dr: special is relative

1 Like

Incidentally, we desperately need a separate channel, Lock Picking Lawyer After Dark. The premise is, he gets shitfaced on liquor sent to him by fans, and then attempts to recreate his greatest feats.

“SUP! Lockpicking lawyer, you fuckers know the deal. Okay. I’m fucken hammered and today we have the Bowley Model 543. Yeah, getthefuckoudda here with your Master Lock bullshit. Now I fucken DOMINATED this lock last year but now izza little different coz I’m trashed, so evens the score a bit. Okay. Lemme just cram this thing in here OHHHH THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID LOL… binding on two… fucken false gate on three… wait wuzzat a click? …okay, I think I got it. NO! FUCK! I FUCKING HAD IT! Ohhhhhh fuck you guys this is bad. Tell you what I fucken need for this lock, is some waffles. Just get some waffles inna me an I’ll be READY STEADY EDDY. Okay, that’s it, gonna go get some fucken waffles, and, uh, as always, have a nice waffle.”

3 Likes

I beg to differ. I’ve lived in WA for over 50 years and I’ve never seen any reports of geoducks!

Crocodiles, Sharks, feral pigs, Quokka’s, yes. But no goeducks

In Boston MA we have store to specifically sell hard liquor. They are called Liquor Stores and in other parts of town Package Stores (AKA the packy). No hard liquors in Supermarkets, Convenience Stores or Gas Stations. I’m not sure if it’s state wide but I really think so.

The first time I went to Virginia and saw hard liquor in a supermarket I was floored: Literally. The gallons were along the bottom shelf.

2 Likes

Heh. Was waiting for someone to say that.

One of my running jokes is ‘If I ever won the lottery, I’d buy a strip mall and put (in order) a booze store, a tobacco store, and a gun store, and call the strip mall “The Bureau”. (no explosives, though.)’

1 Like

Of course they’re on the bottom shelf–they’re heavier than a fifth. If you ever have an earthquake in Boston… :wink:

We did. No one noticed.

1 Like

I have to add that I was in what we consider a minor earthquake in a SoCal grocery store, maybe a 3.8? But it seemed to hit only the store. The shelves were emptied and there was ketchup, salad dressings and alcohol all over the floors. The house we lived in was maybe 3/4 mile from this store. Not even one picture was crooked.

I’m pretty sure they also sell tobacco here. You could just buy this place and change the name:

(and man Jeff Tweedy looks young in that photo)

1 Like

The Ketchup: The Ketchup.
Umm…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.