How To Recognize and Handle Abnormal People: A Manual for the Police Office

And then we remembered this gem

I love how baseball kid ends up on probation for hooking up with the sunglasses guy, oh 50s!

1 Like

The title made me expect a paranoia-drenched Gestapo manual, but this thing seems to be full of surprisingly reasonable advice. Maybe a reprint would be in order.

1 Like

What’s amazing is that walking a beat is often an official punishment in police departments. Because getting a little fresh air, stretching your legs, and actually chatting with someone in the neighborhood you’re protecting for a few minutes an hour is really awful and big step down from cruising around like a landshark behind tinted glass.

10 Likes

Unfortunately, when the people who’re to be served and protected riot, and you have ex-military people in high places in the police department, it seems to follow that the latter people think they’re back in the military, and the former people are the enemy because they’re not obeying the law.

Does the Police Athletic League still exist anywhere? I remember seeing the Blue Pigs, a Detroit P.D. rock band made up of volunteers, who would go to local schools and events in the city back in the 1970s. They were a part of P.A.L., and they were good musicians, too.

4 Likes

http://www.detroitpublicsafetyfoundation.org/youth-violence-prevention/ Why are things like this put on billboards instead of liquor ads? (Yes, I’m naive. Well…not really. But I ask naive questions.)

2 Likes

I’d vote in favor of a ballot measure funding that…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.