How to start a fire with your bare hands

Stand By Me__You guys wanna go see a dead body

6 Likes

Instructions unclear. Hands now on fire.

8 Likes

giphy (7)

8 Likes

I want to be with this guy when the zombies strike.

I was going to recommend that too.

In progressive successive videos John Plant shows* the basic technique then effort-saving improvements such as a bow and a pump (both applicable to drilling too). In later videos, fire-making (and drilling) are routine elements of bigger projects.

But yes, I’ll stick with a firesteel. :wink:

*: Protip: remember to turn the captions on. John (famously) doesn’t speak in the videos, but he does provide text commentaries.

3 Likes

I’ve started a fire with my glasses just to prove that I could do it.

4 Likes

I’m gonna bookmark this right now, in case I ever find myself freezing to death in the woods and have to quickly reference it.

4 Likes

I used to worry about getting lost in IKEA.

6 Likes

My tired self read the headline as “How to start a fight with your bare hands” and I wondered what was so hard about just punching someone.

2 Likes

First, how long have you had that ability, and second, why is Trump still in office?

2 Likes

Always bring this fellow along on woodsy outings. (I offer no apologies for the obscure reference.)

2 Likes

This would make a fantastic fan pull for the tactical every day carry stealth black ceiling fan.

3 Likes

Burn, baby, burn

1 Like

10 Likes

I’m very nearsighted, so my prescription is concave. I suppose I could spend a long time preventing fires with my glasses…

3 Likes

I’d rather entrust Liam Neeson to keep my teenage daughter safe

2 Likes

He did the best he could in Krull.

Its my asthma. Original B &W LOTF far superior to the ghastly US version.

Edit: OMG Just watched a good part of it again. It is SO dated. Except for the message.

1 Like

Kyrie! Kyrie! Kyrie Eleison!

Agreed.

Sucks to your ass-mar!

1 Like