"How to take a picture of a black hole," a 2017 TED talk by grad student Katie Bouman who then helped make it happen

Curious how pedantically litigating the limit of someone’s rank, position and accomplishments suddenly becomes oh-so important to certain people when that someone happens to be a woman. /s

8 Likes

Because some folks always need to feel like they are “superior” to everyone else, in every way?

7 Likes

Any man can say anything and have more weight than a woman… everyone knows that… /s

7 Likes
3 Likes

Every Milennial/Gen Z who has to explain cell phones to the elderly should be armed with several Stones quotes.

2 Likes

FFS. What is wrong with people?

7 Likes

From the article:

“While I appreciate the congratulations on a result that I worked hard on for years, if you are congratulating me because you have a sexist vendetta against Katie, please go away and reconsider your priorities in life,” he tweeted.

“No one algorithm or person made this image,” Bouman wrote on Facebook, “it required the amazing talent of a team of scientists from around the globe and years of hard work to develop the instrument, data processing, imaging methods, and analysis techniques that were necessary to pull off this seemingly impossible feat.”

I can hear the horror from here. “Wait, what do you mean he’s gay??”" :astonished:

9 Likes

His response is really perfect too, “…please go away and reconsider your priorities in life.” I actually laughed reading that.

8 Likes

I was feeling that vibe here yesterday when I read the article in more then a few of the comments. Some worse then others

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.