Humana screws Brandon Boyer for $100K worth of cancer bills - help him pay them

Personally, I’d hire a bankrupt person happily. I just wouldn’t give them the cheque book.

Those wealthy kids from established families you mentioned tend to not be the most trustworthy, in my experience.

5 Likes

Oh yes, I know exactly what and who you mean. Failure to instil values, integrity, good treatment of others.

A friend of mine just lost a major chunk of app development cash to a wealthy kid from an established family. The company has “gone bankrupt”. Right.

1 Like

Are you intentionally misreading that? Because that’s not at all what it says. The 14% is how many of the sign-ups were previously uninsured, not the percentage of eligible people who have signed up.

The profit motive have all parties involved in medical billing conspiring to make the most profit. Seriously, this is what RICO is for.

It’s amazing how you didn’t bother to the read the headline of the article you posted.

This is what we’ve been arguing about. Which I think now you maybe agree doesn’t make sense, because, as many of us have said, the ACA couldn’t possibly wipe out all historical medical debt that ever existed before the ACA was enacted.

This would be true even if the ACA were a wonderful single payer system, or forced everyone to move to England.

This is a different matter. Can you agree that the first is settled before we discuss the second?

Man, Rider is earning his insurance company lobby paycheck today.

3 Likes

In telling my then-new doctor my medical history, I listed “possible” previous diagnosis which the doc felt was of no current concern. I was surprised to hear him say, “I’m not going to write that down in case some insurance company wants to use it in the future.” I sure miss that guy!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.