I got a shirt that is supposed to stay clean for months without washing it

7 Likes

Bad stuff will slide right off this baby too… although one would be hard pressed to call it breathable:

7 Likes

Blue Man Certified

GWAR tested

Rain Forest Approved

10 Likes

Time for a wet t-shirt contest where all the contestants wear one of these. That’ll show the partiarchy.

19 Likes

I’m with you there, Paris. I exhibit at comic con events all over the country, and my business involves the application of a lot of glitter. (Don’t ask. Or do.) We all have black poly button up uniform shirts that I have Scotch-Garded, and the glitter, which normally sticks to everything like spiky burrs, will just dust right off when you pop the material. And yes, water (or Dr Pepper, or boba tea) rolls right off if there’s a spill.

Mustard, on the other hand . . .

7 Likes

There’s a lot of room for spills to hit the table or the floor instead of your pants. And anyway I’d rather have a small stain on my pants than my shirt, which is closer to eye level and (for me, at least) often lighter-colored. It’s not perfect, but this is a pretty neat product and I’d like to own some.

The real problem is that they’re charging $50 for a plain T-shirt.

I know you said not to, but I really really wanna know.

5 Likes

18 Likes

Yeah, I did use fluor-based treatment and read the label. It read as toxic af, easily absorbed and, as I learned trying to use it, almost impossible to apply safely. I won’t be doing that again.

5 Likes

The reason the suit was white in The Man in the White Suit was that when a fabric truly repels stains, it can’t be dyed. Sarina’s non-white shirt is obviously a fraud!

6 Likes

Sooooo…if I had Filium pants, I could just wet my pants and let it pour right out my pants leg like a rain spout?

8 Likes

The partiarchy has been put on notice.

1 Like

So it can’t go for months without washing it. That claim is just like a BB headline.

Provided of course you were going commando that day

1 Like

I was immediately reminded of the same movie. The same director and lead actor as The Ladykillers

2 Likes

Another great Alec Guinness classic:

2 Likes

Same with me here, I will not get that nasty stuff near me in the future.

Btw, if anyone’s looking for a new raincoat, try to get one made from sympatex instead of goretex - sympatex is recycable, unlike goretex.

2 Likes

Oh, good to know, thanks @simonize and @FGD135!

reminiscent of the Ruprecht scene from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqMc9B7uDV8

2 Likes

What about Kind Hearts and Coronets starring Alec Guinness, Alec Guinness, Alec Guinness, Alec Guinness, Alec Guinness, Alec Guinness, Alec Guinness and Alec Guinness?

6 Likes