I rode Amtrak's Coast Starlight the wrong direction. I still loved it.

I honestly was thinking of taking the train from PA to California when I have to visit family next year instead of flying. Maybe I will considering how hilarious you said it was.

1 Like

Pff, listen to this n00b bragging about how he rode the Coast Starlight the wrong way.

Hey, rookie: get a clue.

4 Likes

I was planning a nine day trip nyc to the city of angels on my last time over…:no_mouth:

I used to take the Broadway Limited to get to college. When it had an active club car (piano, wet bar) it was incredibly fun.

I always hear Edmond O’Brian repeating “Heine Manush, Heine Manush, Heine Manush” in my head when I’m on a train.

The train up to Seattle is like a dream.

The train is for people who ahve a sense of wonder and a willingness to explore.

One moment I’ll never forget is the train cutting through this low mist across the Utah desert while great cliffs rose in the distance and the sun rose too the the mist was rippling away from the train and there were some deer or something, I don’t know - it was a long time ago. It was beautiful all copper and blue.

5 Likes

Well, the logical conclusion is to start a “Toot! Toot!” YouTube channel and potentially make millions.

1 Like

Re: wrong way / right way

https://youtube.com/watch?v=vgHsCyWkB5g

Well the title says something about getting on the wrong train, the author was stoned, and never mentions the Puddles concert. So my theory is the train actually went north, he made it to Klamath Falls, hit an Oregon pot shop, then got back on and wrote this rambling piece on the way back while stoned.

1 Like

On a family vacation once, we rode The City of New Orleans, but also did it backwards, from Lousiana back to Illinois.

I’ve done this many times via Pittsburgh and Chicago. The best way to travel, IMO. The Guest Rewards program and AAA give great discounts, too!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.