I stopped a $10 million dollar robbery

I’ve never seen Europe and Asia in the same room at the same time.

Just sayin’

6 Likes

I’m sure there are places in Turkey you could visit.

2 Likes

Oh my god.

I… I didn’t know. I feel so terrible. All this time, I’ve been poorly treating a man who suffers from Damon Syndrome.

The poor man. It’s incureable, you know. The only treatment is reverse cognitive osmosis to extract the vast quantities of pap and substitute them with more fortifying materials, but there’s a notoriously high remission rate, and relapses can even be triggered merely by exposure to similar pathogens, like Mark Wahlberg.

1 Like

Visit Istanbul?

Pfft. You try calling an armoured car a tank…

2 Likes

You are Nigel Farage and I claim my five pounds!

1 Like

Not Constantinople?

1 Like

Byzantium.

It never fails that whenever I hear about a scam of this type, I am disgusted and apalled by the downright STUPIDITY of the supposedly educated people who get taken. All of them think they are so smart but not a damn one of them displays the tiniest shred of old-fashioned common sense. Haven’t any of these people ever heard of the old pigeon drop? Every MBA in this country should be required to watch The Flim-Flam Man and maybe then they’d finally develop some real sense and realize that yes, a deal which sounds too good to be true really is too good to be true.

To the guy who wrote this: are you trying this as an exercise in a creative writing class or are you just a !%#@$ drama queen? “Spoken to EVIL on the phone” - Jesus, what a self-lubricating wanker’s way of putting things.

3 Likes

My Dad always said of bank loans: If you can’t pay back $10,000, you’re in trouble. If you can’t pay back $10,000,000, the bank is in trouble.

1 Like

Yeah… fuck all those brown people killed in brown people places without trial or judicial process. The constimatooshin doesn’t apply to them, or their stupidly decorated wedding parties.

Indeed, though I hope you realize I mentioned the killing of Americans (who also come in brown, BTW, in case you forgot) without judicial process because of the many specific constitutional violations that represents, not as an endorsement of killing “brown people”.

“I stopped a ten million dollar robbery” - A true story by James Altucher

Ha! No dude. You almost enabled a ten million dollar fraud.

You didn’t stop it. Bill stopped it - all by himself. You were merely there… because you got the ball rolling in the first place.

The fact that James takes credit for stopping it - then reflects about essentially ‘facing evil’ when nothing remotely so dramatic happened tells me all I need to know about him - And to know a person with that mindset is a trusted person in super high money circles says a lot about those people.

3 Likes

But you, you have added something to the discussion.

Rich, boring motherfucker thinks the only criteria for a story to be interesting are:
1.) It involves ME! (i.e. an inherently interesting person, by virtue of my wealth and my vocation handling vast quantities of wealth)
2.) It involves a lot of money! (i.e. the second most inherently interesting thing on the planet, after myself!)

4 Likes

I just think it’s funny that you care if your dead animal skin with the scrawlings of old white men is being applied to Americans and not other nationalities. American people are more peopley you see…

So even the Americans who have undeniably killed innocent people, who also have been found guilty by courts in the countries in which they were located, should be given due process by a US court. All the innocent people and children killed alongside them? Nup… they’re not Americans so they can just die without any process and in some cases with their deaths being kept secret by the people who killed them.

I also referred to brown people places because (so far, at least) drones aren’t killing brown people in the US.

[mod edit: removed insult]

1 Like

Heck, at least I kept it under a paragraph. I like reading the comments, until someone who seems to have several hours a day to spend filling it with 5 to 10 paragraphs of nitpicking, and then another 5 to 10 to each person that dares to reply. I’m not referring to just this one, it’s many of the BBS entries lately, and it’s the same couple people.

2 Likes

Either this is a troll article or the OP had never seen the internet before. I can think of no other explanation.

I can relate. I put a project online in various Angels Networks looking for financing and have been deluged with potential investors asking for more info or for a meeting. At least 25 of them.
100% were frauds.
Most were ridiculous and easy to see but others are quite good and tricky. Two of them convinced me to go meet them in Italy and Spain. They slowly enmesh you in paperwork and confidence until finally, bang, you need this or that at a cost of that much…
Nice offices, nothing even illegal because they just ask you for funds to create paperwork, but that is all fruitless.
Trust your gut.

Yes, I agree with what you have said. because I believe you are here in good faith and speaking literally, in order to forward a discussion, and not derail it with sarcasm and bad faith. You know, because you’re here to add, and not here to take.

1 Like