I switched up my brewing method for coffee, again

6 Likes

12 Likes

LOL. The Aeropress people show up in coffee threads the same way Miata drivers do in car topics. Neither is always the answer :laughing: (no offense, everyone gets to like what they like)

5 Likes

I look forward to my first cuppa in the morning. Not sure if it’s the little caffeine jolt or the rich flavor that I want the most. I salivate at the sound of the coffee bean grinder.
A few years ago I collected different coffee makers.
They all taste different.

20 Likes

That is a truly epic collection :smiley:

13 Likes

About ten years ago there where plenty of coffee makers at the Flea Markets.
Not now.

4 Likes

Have you tried a rancilio rocky (doserless). Its been my go to grinder for years. Its super durable and the grinder plates are easily replaced when they eventually wear down (that takes a lot of coffee). Its nearly indestructible for home use.

If your really picky about french press grind size I sometimes remove fines with a small sieve (originally for matcha). But I have never had a problem with performance in my pourover or other set ups.

It’s also a great espresso grinder, but I have been using a superauto for a while (with young kids sometimes “push button, get latte” is all I can manage in the morning).

2 Likes

Impressive. Are you positive they all are bona fide coffee makers, though? Because that one thing looks like an early reverberating carbonizer with mutate capacity.

7 Likes

I’m sorry I hit a nerve :frowning:

2 Likes

I enjoy mixing up the preparation now and again, I oughtt to pull out the lil turkish cezve and get some sugar back in the house.

2 Likes

Damn! I need to take a closer look!:wink:

2 Likes

Your collection reminded me I dont have a siphon yet… This must be rectified ASAP.

2 Likes

It is worth experimenting with all the different types of makers.
I find after a while one can “dial in” the flavor and strength.

1 Like

What’s the story with the one on the lower-left? It’s got an R2-D2 vibe working for it.

1 Like

Looks like this:

I know nothing about it, just felt like doing some sleuthing :smiley:

Oooh, you can buy a 3D model of it here:

6 Likes

That’s a replicator.

7 Likes

Got this from eBay a couple of years back:

The wonderfully named Spong No. 1. There were different sizes, this article goes into great detail on them:

There’s even a very rare No. 0 which is pretty tiny.

When I received the grinder it was very rusty, but once cleaned up it became apparent from the condition of the burrs that it had never been used. Once adjusted right it makes perfect grind for my Aeropress. It’s probably not as old as you’d think either - UK kitchenware company Salter bought the brand and were making them up until the 80’s.

9 Likes

Please provide photos once you link them into one glorious mad-scientist coffee maker.

8 Likes

Looks like something one would have to master the operation of before being allowed to run a steam locomotive.

7 Likes
7 Likes