If Alejandro Jodorowsky filmed a Tron sequel

Originally published at: If Alejandro Jodorowsky filmed a Tron sequel | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Cool, all the great visuals with the tedium! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

You must log in first.

nope

16 Likes

No David Warner, so why even bother

(I spend an hour in bed every morning thinking that before I make myself get up and get ready)

5 Likes

David Warner scowls forever in our hearts :cry:

5 Likes

I used to do a David Warner impression whenever I was telling the kids to do their chores or asking them how many lights there were. He was like part of the family. Him and Steve Buscemi, who would send my kids Christmas presents every year. At least, that is what the tags said

8 Likes

… he lives at the North Pole, inside a wood chipper

9 Likes

@anon52120741 and @smulder

Edit for Christmas Card

6 Likes

There is a whole hilarious derailment I could go on with this. Sadly though the fascists have made it so that the thought of woodchipper jokes makes me :nauseated_face:

1 Like

@beschizza Please don’t use FB links; increasing numbers of people are not on there, since it’s a mire. Try this link: Fantasy Jodorowsky Tron visualisations by Johnny Darrell | DJ Food

13 Likes

Alessando?

Aless Ando, a minor Star Wars character who said “aye sir” to Leia’s dad once or something :astronaut:

7 Likes

i think the artist themself uses facebook.

that link you provided has amazing images - one wonders how many iterations and how many different prompts were tried - but it looks like they’re just reposts. it’s not the artist’s own generations.

oh yeah. this is why no one’s leaving twitter for facebook. meta doesn’t want anyone using their site!

2 Likes

The artist published at Facebook, so that’s where the link goes! The various sites swiping it all, I know there is some irony involved given that it’s fan art and AI fan art at that, but I don’t know if the artist is OK with that.

5 Likes

… on brand for TRON i guess

can’t share the experience without being assimilated by an oppressive system of control

8 Likes

You can’t protect people from themselves :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

One good approach is what they do over on Slashdot which is to provide the paywalled link as well as non-paywalled link. In this case you could link to the Facebook page as well as to the other public sources of information like Fantasy Jodorowsky Tron visualisations by Johnny Darrell | DJ Food

1 Like

Then you might like ‘Free Thinking’ on BBC Radio 3 this week: ‘Morgan – A Suitable Case for Treatment’

A smouldering gorilla suited man racing through London on a motorbike is one of the striking images from Karel Reisz’s 1966 film that starred David Warner, who had just played Hamlet at the RSC, alongside Vanessa Redgrave and Robert Stephens. Matthew Sweet is joined by Stephen Frears who worked as assistant director on the film, the director’s son Matthew Reisz and film historian Lucy Bolton to look back at the talents of both Karel Reisz (21 July 1926 - 25 November 2002) and David Warner (29 July 1941 – 24 July 2022).

1 Like

Fantastic - thank you!

(Sad though that it is not power-pop idol Matthew Sweet)

You are very welcome!

(And Radio 3 Mathew Sweet has his own quirky and idiosyncratic charms… :smirk:)

1 Like