If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Tree peony bloomed this week

18 Likes

WTF?

5 Likes

Turns out, public men are just as dependent as women are on their hair stylist, makeup artist, etc.

That is a picture of someone who has taken the lockdown seriously.

3 Likes

I was just wondering why Neil deGrasse Tyson was on Russia Today talking about Wernher von Braun.

5 Likes

Oh! I didn’t notice that part! And since it’s a still image, I had no idea what he was talking about.

3 Likes

I’m sure these exist elsewhere and that some of you have seen them, but here you go:

And more…

15 Likes

15 Likes

:arrow_up: Implies the existence of WHY NOT TAT 1’S

18 Likes

The squirrels have been bringing avocados and temporarily placing them in our potted plants for storage. Now we found this in our back yard:

We think it’s an adolescent squirrel.

13 Likes

The restoration of the Oriental Pavillion (name change in order?) is complete in Brooklyn’s Prospect Park. I don’t have any “before” shots on hand, but it’s quite lovely now. In my 11 years living here, I’ve never been able to see the stained glass window in the peak of the roof. It points straight up.

16 Likes

Brewery horses probably the best beer commercial in the world (Sinebrychoff or Koff is owned by Carlsberg Breweries A/S)

13 Likes

I’ve had pickle shots before, but this is new to me:

Seemed like a dare, but I’ve yet to try it.

I see that this concoction is brewed in Fort Worth – in spite and/or because of this, Fort Worth is still my 2nd favorite city in Texas.

14 Likes

Spring has sprung. Coltsfoot (tussilago farfara)

14 Likes

The flower head looks a lot like a dandylion. 3 days after a week of extremely unusual freezing weather, including frozen ground, our dandylions were blooming. Which was good because some bees came out and there was nothing else with pollen anywhere.

9 Likes

Tussilagos are much smaller and their stems are completely different.

They are usually the first flowers of spring in Finland.

14 Likes

They sometimes tie with crocuses for that honor in Maine, US. This reminds me to go look, we have a patch of them over by the compost pile. I usually dry some of the leaves for use in tea blends. The price is right!

9 Likes

19 Likes

Last year we got some fancy new varieties of day lilies and this one new iris variety: Katherine Hodgkin dwarf iris.
The iris is blooming, already attracting pollinators, and so far escaping the attention of the deer, squirrels and groundhogs that decimate every attempt at tulips. Fingers crossed!

16 Likes

That looks like a type of Iris.

6 Likes

You’re right, thanks, just fixed. It’s among the croci (which also get nibbled) and blooming at the same time, and I got confused. :blush:

7 Likes