If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

So, at this rate how many years before a half dozen will pay for a ride on SpaceX? :thinking: Asking for a friend…

6 Likes

If they’re not going to perforate it, they could’ve at least drawn a line or something

(Credit goes to my 12-year-old for noticing)

13 Likes

Dollar Tree now has nacho cheese being sold in those snack size pudding cups

16 Likes

From the school of, “yes, and,”
And, around here (New England) lots of people denigrate goldenrod (of which we have several varieties, one of which even makes a refreshing base for popsicles) as “ragweed.” It’s not. It’s insect pollinated.
Around here, the pines are worst for early season allergies/pollen. You can see clouds of it when the wind is right on a dry day. It coats everything outside.

12 Likes

Ewww! And “do not microwave,” so you can enjoy some room temperature, but “deliciously creamy” viscous chip sauce…
Though, this would be a great April fool’s day prank, dress one of the containers up like butterscotch pudding or banana yogurt and wait for hilarity and nausea to ensue.

11 Likes

Nacho shots?

9 Likes

Its Danish cousins say hi!

14 Likes

It’s too bland tasting to be considered ‘gross’.

5 Likes

@Ratel We are not sure, no.
@CanadianBeaver We don’t judge here; eat what you like. :+1:
@PsiPhiGrrrl The NFT of the photo of the strawberry is valued at $17.5M currently. Chump change for Musk, but probably enough to convince him to let you hitch a ride?

6 Likes

12 Likes

17 Likes

two fantastically frightening words:
palo verde bugs.
ok, that’s actually three*, but…

palo verde bugs! jeebus dog, no!

*I was thinking of the frikkin’ palmetto bugs here that I do actually encounter. same scary little shits, IMO.

3 Likes

palo verde bug…
fuuuuuu…

palmetto bug:

yikes!

6 Likes

12 Likes

kitteh say WHAT THE FUUUUUU!!
palo verde bug = palo muerte bug, if you ask me!
(because they will make you hurt yourself before they hurt you!)

… but, horror of horrors, they do bite. Arizona may be second to only Australia for flora and fauna that will actively try to kill you!

8 Likes

Texas narrow leaf milkweed

Lichens/mosses on nectarine tree bark

Pruning neighbor’s nectarine, it hasn’t been pruned in ages and the blooms are in nonideal sections of branches that really ought to be removed

17 Likes

16 Likes

3 Likes

That’s a good one!
Wish I had a photo, my favorite ever was on a stop sign. Under the “STOP” someone had scrawled “graffiti.”

7 Likes

https://www.hamhelsinki.fi/en/sculpture/thalia-ja-pegasos-kari-juva/

I don’t know why box text is in Finnish. That links to English version…

In `Thalia and Pegasos’, placed in front of the City Theatre, Kari Juva’s (1939-2014) skill in uniting mass and the lightness of movement into a seamless one is in good evidence. Pegasos, the inspirer of poetry, carries Thalia, the muse of comedy, on its back, carrying the viewer away in a wild gallop.
The work was erected in 1970 and it is cast in bronze. The work belongs to the collections of the Helsinki Art Museum.

13 Likes