If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Posted this in the “Questions…” thread a day or so ago, but here’s something pretty from the Wales/England border. Genuine bit of fairyland, possibly.

18 Likes

While we’re doing fairyland I don’t know if y’all are as into lichens and mosses as me, but this lovely patch was growing on the roof of a playground structure yesterday (Brooklyn, NY)

21 Likes
18 Likes

Good luck with that. Have you seen The Burbs?

9 Likes

It used to be on cable every other Friday and twice on Sundays, but I managed to never see it. Should I?

2 Likes

It goes into the potential dangers of snooping around your neighbor’s house.

The movie itself has its moments. It’s my brother-in-law’s favorite film, last I heard, but I wouldn’t rank it that high. Tom Hanks makes almost anything watchable.

3 Likes

Directed by Joe Dante so Dick Miller will have a part in it. I had fun when I saw it in the theater. I should watch it again as I revisited Matinee last week and it was a lot of fun.

5 Likes

It also has Carrie Fisher, right?
So everybody should see it.

6 Likes

You made me go check the cast. Yes she is, also Bruce Dern, Henry Gibson, Robert Picardo, and Rance Howard.

3 Likes

Who was pretty good in World Gone Wild, with Catherine Mary Stewart, which I watched because she was in Night of the Comet, which I watched because she was in The Last Starfighter and damn is it easy to get caught in a movie rabbit-hole… :grin:

Anyway, digression over for me.

4 Likes

My favorite kind of rabbit hole.

2 Likes

16 Likes

Rob’s in trouble!

16 Likes

tumblr_mx2cocwPHk1qedb29o1_500

14 Likes

Some Colorado Springs signage:

5 Likes

The first film to make me cry over robots. :frowning:

@Nelsie
Turkeys: being unfathomable since the dawn of time.
(and lest we forget)
turkeys

10 Likes

The neighbours had their evestroughs redone, and the workmen were a bit sloppy. Among other things, I found a couple nails while raking. Maybe I’ll wear my Cordura pants and jacket when I mow the lawn?

9 Likes

I’ve got spinners on my wheel!

(More of a jumper, I think. It’s got the colour right, but that’ll be a tricky ecological niche to fill.)

10 Likes

Save 'em for the Easter decorations.

4 Likes

Or see if the workmen also do lawns and hire them.

5 Likes