If you want a better understanding of Blockchain, this training can answer all of your questions

Originally published at: If you want a better understanding of Blockchain, this training can answer all of your questions | Boing Boing

Does the training include histories of ponzi schemes, surviving doing business with crooks, and how to bafflegab rubes?

14 Likes

Hey. It has legitimate uses. If you find yourself asking, “my database backend is too fast, is there something I could migrate to that would nerf performance?”

Or if you ever want to put a “rolling coal” bumper sticker on your server rack doors.

Blockchain could solve both those problems. For the latter, you will also want a colo in a region that primarily uses coal plants for base load.

13 Likes

If you want to basically burn down a local forest AND grab a digital painting, Blockchain is your answer.

9 Likes

and yet we only see articles and ads like this when bitcoin is in a price bubble

next time it crashes all this supposed interest in “blockchain” as a “technology” will evaporate again

7 Likes

" this training can answer all of your questions"

when is bitcoin hitting 100,000 ?

“It could … clean up urban air quality” HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

5 Likes

XKCD is on point as usual:

6 Likes

I used the Blockchain to learn about the Blockchain, now I understand it.

3 Likes

spongebobblockchain

4 Likes

00__X-All-The-Y__FGD135__RAW_phixr

9 Likes

Came here to make snarky comments. Glad to see I’m in good company!

3 Likes

It’s a classic for a reason

7 Likes

or a telsa car that mines bitcoin to negate its reduced carbon foot print I think your on to something.

2 Likes

Recently I was trapped in a zoom call, and got to hear a blockchain proposal.

After my eyes stopped rolling and I digested pass the BS, and got to what problem they were trying to solve. What they really wanted was an immutable database.

I’m convinced that 99% of blockchain problems could be solved with an immutable database like immudb.

4 Likes

Interesting, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.