Ikea to teenagers: stop hiding in closets until closing and then having illegal "sleepovers" in our stores

Guerrilla marketing campaign. Nearly fooled me.

4 Likes

Teenagers are creatively nuts. I don’t blame them for coming up with the idea. It is both clever and stupid at the same time.

So Ikea employees are so lazy that they don’t bother to check closets after the store closes. How hard could that have been?

3 Likes

Which is assembled in a shoddy fashion because the alan wrenches don’t give you sufficient torque to tighten everything perfectly.

2 Likes

Then there is that movie in the early 90’s with Jennifer Connelly and her chest (gets a separate credit)*

*Don’t blame me. I didn’t make the film. I just dredged up the memory of it.

3 Likes

Dear Ikea. Two words : Nightly fumigation.

4 Likes

While not the best horror novel I’ve read, Horrorstör is the best book about Ikea (Orsk); the illustrations alone are worth the price.

Fox ordered a 1-hour pilot episode for a series by the same name

6 Likes

Dude, have you seen her house?

She has closets an Ikea could hide in!

11 Likes

when he identified the specific bed and launched into his glowing review, I was like “seriously?”

1 Like

“We found another set of them, sir. They slept in the store overnight in the bedding and mattresses section.”

“Dammit Helga, which unit were they on this time?”

“Sir, I can confirm that when we found them, they were on Fleäk.”

“Damn kids, get out of my store!”

10 Likes

Even in absence of staff; PIR sensors are mature, inexpensive, reliable, and fairly sensitive. Also a fairly common component of home and commercial security systems.

Not going to stop some Mission Impossible hijinks; or keep JC Denton from putting on his thermoptic camo and strolling right through; but unless somebody really, really, screwed up sensor placement, your odds of doing anything remotely entertaining without triggering an alarm are unexciting.

3 Likes

Sesame Street made me aspire to have a sleepover at the Met when I was a kid after seeing this:

3 Likes

Presumably the stores collapse themselves into a huge flat pack at night.

3 Likes

It’s almost as if these kids never took the warnings of Chopping Mall to heart…

2 Likes

I think one of the great things about this is they didn’t appear to steal a single item, and didn’t intentionally damage anything except to place a sticker inside a showroom model.

7 Likes

I know, right?
Kids these days!
Why back in my day we woulda’…

5 Likes

Where was it I saw the comment about people popping in to have a nap on their furniture in China. Only, they do it openly. In daytime.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.