Impact Team hackers behind Ashley Madison breach claim site is “like a drug dealer abusing addicts”

Not hypocrisy. If T-swizzle was signed up for a website whose explicit purpose was adultery, and Duggar just had nude picks circulated, perhaps we’d see something closer to the original.

1 Like

That’s my thought as well. U.S. intelligence agencies have a long track record of keeping tabs on influential Americans’ sex lives, but they generally try to ensure that they’re the only ones who benefit from such knowledge.

2 Likes

Neither do I.

That’s specifically what I was responding to. There’s no hypocrisy in, on the one hand, deploring the leak of celeb pix last year and, on the other hand, using the AM leak to plumb the depths of what a vile shit Duggar is.

2 Likes

Agreed. Their “bad English” is as laughable as the various fake Russians on YouTube.

This is all BS, didn’t everyone already know that Ashley Madison was crap for crap?

Didn’t everyone already know that lots of people engage in adultery?

Didn’t everyone already know that all dating sites are targeted by criminals of various stripes, seeking to rob or blackmail?

I won’t begrudge a spouse searching the db for their spouse’s info, but if they’re doing that they probably had an inkling already. So what is this dump? Nothing but details about what we all collectively knew.

If any of the above is a surprise to anyone, I feel for you but envy the candy-coated world you live in.

Personally I have better things to do than worry about who’s boffing who under what circumstances.

Sure it’s funny when a homophobic person gets caught with their willy in a rentboy, but is it even surprising anymore? Adultery among the holier-than-thou is even less surprising, in fact when that holier-than-thou crap is combined with fame, money and influence, we all just assume adultery anyway. So why care enough to care?

2 Likes

Beats me too.

Most likely there’s something about group psychology in play, the collective denunciation of someone whom “we” don’t like, whom “we” are “better than”.

Well, because many mutants want to normalize sex positive ideas, and encourage conversations with our significant others as opposed to being verbally bullied by media and religion.

The holier than thou are doing a measurable disservice to this line of reasoning. Thus (some) of the attention.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.