In major Facebook overhaul, Zuckerberg to focus news feed on “meaningful interactions” between friends and family

Hi!

I know it’s a difficult concept, but running a successful blog requires both 1) getting your content into the hands of those who would be interested in reading it, and 2) some form of remuneration from those reading said content.

Facebook represents a very large part of BOTH items 1 and 2. Not just for us, for every site out there that relies on either people visiting, or ads (and in many cases, both).

It affects BB. Presuming you read other sites, it probably affects them, too. There are many sites that either by choice or by chance, happen to get proportionately more of their traffic from FB than we do. It affects them even more.

So should some words be shared when a major source of revenue decides to unilaterally alter the deal under which these organizations exist? I believe so.

I’m sorry if this is a disappointment to you. I assure you, no one is more disappointed in the revenue model independent blogs are subjected to than the independent blogs themselves.

17 Likes