In the ingenious game Lightmatter, lights do matter...because the shadows will kill you

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/08/in-the-ingenious-game-lightmat.html

2 Likes

tumblr_ly2f82GtnT1qf9x1a540

11 Likes

“It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.”

10 Likes

No Mac. Pfft!

2 Likes

I recommend “Closure” - another game based around light manipulation. It has good puzzles, amazing aesthetics and a dark, dreamy story (when I saw ending of the third chapter - the one with the girl protagonist, I had tears in my eyes):

2 Likes

You know if this had been a heartfelt recommendation by a BB write who’s opinion I value and trust I might buy it. Coming from the BB store though, not a chance.

4 Likes

Honestly, I want to support BoingBoing despite the atrocious store. This offering is reasonable, the reviews are good, and the first hour is free, so I downloaded it.

2 Likes

Sadly true. The fact that it’s on the BoingBoing store makes me assume it’s crap, which is unfair to the author(s).

2 Likes

I like the aesthetic the designers have gone for in this game. However, it might be a bit tense for me. Hopefully the actual gameplay is like Portal, where you can generally progress at your own speed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.