In this spot for Squarespace, Oscar the Grouch is transformed into the darling of the contemporary art world

Originally published at: In this spot for Squarespace, Oscar the Grouch is transformed into the darling of the contemporary art world | Boing Boing

4 Likes

“SquareSpace shows the world your trash.”

7 Likes

That was crummy. And I mean that in the best (or is it the worst?) way.

6 Likes

This is the opposite of PBS’ mission.
I’ve Disney’s never been more miserable in my life”

2 Likes

I just knew someday my art would be recognized!!

Happy Sesame Street GIF by Access

4 Likes

… WTF is Sesame Street doing :confused:

returning to its roots

2 Likes

… that was Jim Henson trying to make a living in the 1960s before Sesame Street or PBS existed :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Between that and this I feel I’ve thoroughly explored the story of Oscar The Grouch Who Lives In A Trashcan.

3 Likes

Yeah, and there’s something super-gross about Sesame Street shilling for the techie/corporate world. But after the Elmofication of Sesame Street, and HBO’s acquisition, there’s not much left anyway. It’s heartbreaking to see what’s happened to it.

1 Like

I think kermit has endorsed Lipton Tea,

3 Likes

He has, but Kemit was a muppet long before Sesame Street. He wasn’t associated entirely with that show, having gotten his start not as a frog but as a generic character on Sam and Friends all the way back into the 50s. Later he was more associated with The Muppet Show and the various movies than Sesame Street, so he wasn’t explicitly representing Sesame Street the way Oscar the Grouch does. In any case, that Lipton ad campaign started in 2014, well into the modern period of Sesame Street that I’m objecting to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.