Incredible video of a lightning bolt disintegrating a tree outside a high school yesterday

Thanks,
It’s not slow mo,
It look like someone recording with a pone a security footage TV. So it’s all shaky.

The time is real time, but only 10 or 5 fps.
It would be interesting to get the original security file and reconstruct missing frames from it.

Pity, because rare as it is to get video a tree obliterated by a thunderbolt, it’s nothing compared to a clip of one taken out by a war hammer.

Thanks. I have FB blocked hard everywhere. YT is not much better I guess, but I avoid at least half of all garbage trackers…

1 Like

Was 20 feet from a tree sitting on a porch when this happened. “Surprised” is an understatement. Similar weather conditions - gray drizzly day. Ka -POOM. Turned into a Marx brothers comedy as four grown men tried to run through the same front door at the same time. The only injuries were scraped shoulders from the doorway.

3 Likes

Oh, is that why I don’t see the picture? I have blockers as well as a long list of Facebook hosts set to 0.0.0.0 in my hosts file. Too bad.

That was an honest to God smiting.

2 Likes

I wanted to watch the video but got a pop-over Dell ad instead.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.