Amazing, horizontal lightning bolt

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/16/amazing-horizontal-lightning.html

1 Like

Any word if STAR Labs got struck by lightning that night?

6 Likes

Look, I’m all for lightning…the way it’s supposed to be. We’ve got this crazy horizontal lightning now. That’s with Obama. When I’m there, it will be nothing but vertical lightning, I guarantee. This horizontal lightning is just sad! Believe me, this is only because God is trying to wipe out as many Democrats as he can, maybe. That’s just sarcasm…but not too much, maybe. Sad!

13 Likes

Thor’s drunk again…

13 Likes

Special effects are not fake, they just may not be what you think they are.

6 Likes

Cloud-to-cloud lightning, I believe.

2 Likes

What you’re saying is that calling them “special” effects is now inappropriate, and we should be calling them “different” effects now?

3 Likes

3 Likes

huh? Apple’s Lightning can be used for establishing WANs?

[yeah, I wasn’t paying attention and got confused about the topic]

7 Likes

Back when I was a superhero, I was the Amazing Horizontal Lightning Bolt. I did my best work on my back. And, no, I don’t know why people laugh when I say that.

8 Likes

Get the paddles, God’s flat-lining!

5 Likes

Well, that musta been some super high speed camera.

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t call them Wide Area Networks, because the longest Lightning cable you can buy is about 10 feet … but, hey, don’t let me discourage you from trying.

Ruh-roh.

6 Likes

There is no such thing as now. But I have thought that calling them “special effects” has been daft since forever. And I have even created some of them. The horror host Zacherley often calls them “special defects”, which I rather like.

I think it is the concept itself which is bogus. One can’t obtain evidence of another’s intent, but one can obtain evidence of what one actually perceives. The underlying perceptual problem is the tendency to believe/disbelieve things for a feeling of certainty when one typically has no evidence either way. It’s just data.

2 Likes

Zeus does whatever Zeus fells like. OK?

1 Like

I intend to refute this point!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.