Inspired by 'They Live,' these glasses block screens

Uhm, some sort of notch filtering meta-material, tuned to the specific bands used with OLEDs?

2 Likes

They remove half of the non-polarized light by definition, so it’s not possible.

3 Likes

1 Like

You would probably need this as well:

Mute

1 Like

Do they come with Bubble Gum?

2 Likes

Missed your question until now for some reason.

I elided over the detail that there’s a quarterwave plate in each lens effectively converting the circular polarization to linear polarization, for which there’s a another filter, which means you can still use it for plane polarizing light too.

1 Like

Nope:

Bubblegum

4 Likes

My only pair of sunglasses are a really cheap polarised pair (look for ‘fishing glasses’), and I find them particularly helpful for driving, because they do a really good job of blocking the reflection of the dashboard in the windscreen. I tend to keep them on even when it’s not particularly sunny because they make the windscreen ‘invisible’.
In terms of screens, all my monitors are polarised at 45°, as is my phone, although there’s something weird going on with my phone because although the glasses dim the screen (at 45°), they never block it completely.
Oh, and we have a large TV in the office which seems to be polarised at 90°.

1 Like

The flickering screens combined with the volume make it impossible for me to enjoy a meal in sports bars - most especially Buffalo Wild Wings. Some business meetings that I have to attend are in such restaurants and it’s good to bring along a set of earplugs in my pocket.

Beer goggles?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.