Introducing Printables, the 3D printing files repository from Prusa Research

Originally published at: Introducing Printables, the 3D printing files repository from Prusa Research | Boing Boing

4 Likes

We need to move on from Thingiverse. It’s still used a lot despite not getting useful interface updates and the mobile app is sitting at 1.1 stars because it’s useless. You can find third party mobile apps for it but they’re ad- filled.

Today I was unable to create an account on the printables.com site because it said, “Your email domain is unsupported.” That seems like a kind of weird message. I have operated this domain for over 20 years, so what criteria do you think they use to reject it? I did ask through their support link, but nobody has responded yet.

3 Likes

Let us know when you find out, please.

Could it be a DMARC thing?

This was resolved by PRUSA Research customer support by e-mail earlier this morning:

*"Apologies for the late reply. Please try registering again - it should work this time."*

And it did work when I tried again with the same e-mail address. It’s good enough for me - I don’t much care why it threw that ‘domain unsupported’ message the first couple of times.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.