Iron Maiden is popular among biologists and taxonomists, so they just named a new lizard species after frontman Bruce Dickinson

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/15/iron-maiden-is-popular-among-biologists-and-taxonomists-so-they-just-named-a-new-lizard-species-after-frontman-bruce-dickinson.html

4 Likes

Metal nerds unite!!

Literate, progressive, accepting, and hard rocking.

Went to an IM concert with my trans youngest several years back and part way through Bruce breaks into a rant about “any of you who hate people for who they love or who they are can get the fuck out. This is not a place for you.” I have never been happier to be a metalhead!

13 Likes

Awesome! I hope that I get to see that side of Bruce on the next tour, and not his pro-Brexit conservative side. (At least he keeps mostly quiet about that part.)

5 Likes

What’s funny about this is that the scales immediately posterior to the superciliaries on the lateral edge of Bruce Dickinson’s skull are way lower in height when compared to the adjacent scales.

I mean, the irony

2 Likes

Kewl. :smiley: I’m a fan of classic-era Iron Maiden but somehow I’m still a little disappointed an animal wasn’t actually named after famed music producer Bruce Dickinson (Wikipedia).

7 Likes

And Enya gets a whole genus named after her

7 Likes
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.