Is it worth buying an inexpensive burr coffee grinder?

Why would you want to get rid of it? It gets the grind right every time, so you’re not throwing away your (espresso) shot.

1 Like

I broke my Capresso by grinding mushrooms that I hadn’t sufficiently dried in the dehydrator.

Gunked it up. But even after a thorough cleaning, it wouldn’t restart.

Hand grinders are better. If I’d had a manual one, I’d still have a coffee grinder.

/twitch

Your an monster

2 Likes

So… The coffee you get out of these is better than blade grinders or buying ground coffee, but things like loud noises and (horror) asymmetrical hopper orientations just make the personal cost too high to consider. Poor thing.

I would love to be able to save up 700.00$ for a luxury item, but I already felt decadent enough buying the Cuisinart in the review. And the hopper rotation does not bother this practicing Architect, so I have a hard time taking him seriously on this point.

And I get that he’s a coffee professional, but that’s not who the video is aimed at.

1 Like

You mean running a fairly loud coffee mill at 6 a.m. right after waking up doesn’t make you wince?
You didn’t ask how fast I will go through that coffee :smiley:

1 Like

No, that makes complete sense.

It’s putting coffee in the fridge that is the terrible idea.

1 Like

I came in here to say the same thing word for word almost

Yep, I use the spoon technique with my Capresso grinder, it works.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.