Is this what your Facebook feed looks like?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/21/tom-the-dancing-bug-is-this-w.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH we take a peek at Gavin Smythe’s very typical Facebook page.

5 Likes

“You know you grew up in Trenton…” is favorite nostalgia page for wife Natasha.

1 Like

Frankly, I think I’m more like Rose than Sophia.

4 Likes

Golden Girls. Orange Man-children.

1 Like

No no it doesn’t. I only will friend someone I have physically met in person and can confirm it is them. I hide EVERY advert that comes across my feed. I also mute all “article” posts that are not explicitly from a source I know.

Example: if I see an article item from Bill Maher or John Oliver I read it through and may share it from there.

Facebook is a useless tool that I may stop using. The ratio of real posts from friends is about 1 in 10, and those are buried in a sea of Shares and Sponsored Content.

I wish Facebook was a more useful tool for keeping up with my friends’ lives. Now it’s just a noise generator.

1 Like

and it sure doesn’t go to 11. :frowning:

2 Likes

These ones do.

330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven

4 Likes

I should be smug that I’ve never had an account, but I’m sure facebook know all about me from scraping all the data my friends have.
So basically I get all of the privacy-stealing with none of the benefits. There is some benefits right?

4 Likes

LMAO at the privacy settings.

Fb is a superb organiser but the trouble is i’d rather not sign away all my rights in perpetuity in order to be able to use it.

Is that what FB looks like? I was already glad I never signed up, but now I’m also wondering what the big deal is.

But, why don’t the engineers make 10 louder?

2 Likes

Cubert J. Farnsworth: That’s impossible. You can’t go faster than the speed of light.

Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Of course not. That’s why scientists increased the speed of light in 2208.

1 Like

GG-rose-passedout

1 Like

Yup. That’s me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.