It pays to haggle over your cable TV contract, says Consumer Reports

Cell carriers will provide a booster free of charge if you’re in their stated coverage area, though you’ll have to spend a few hours with their tech support first.

A friend in Jersey did that. Many months of negotiating followed by hardware that is not spectacularly reliable (although admittedly it is great when it works) connected to his power, in his attic.

But if you walk to a specific place on my back porch and hold your phone over your head, it works, so I am not eligible.

I would call back and not mention that bit, but YMMV etc. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

However, if you can get decent signal there then a cheap solution with no FCC concerns might be a passive repeater. :thinking:

I’m fine with the landline, but thank you for the link! It is extremely relevant to my interests.

Suggestion: Try their online chat support instead of phone support. The people that answer that tend to be more no-nonsense. Last time it took me maybe 5-10 minutes to get the $50/month lower price and boosted internet speed. (Plus you have a written record if your bill next month looks suspicious.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.