It took some effort, but I have finally achieved over 35,000 Unread Work Emails. (and 100,000 Personal Ones)

Depends where the power comes from.

I have found that it’s more useful to have the metadata available as to which messages I’ve really opened or not.

Now, if I was smart, I’d set up some basic subdirectories and rules, like I recently did for more-or-less the first time ever in my life with my work email a couple weeks back. In the work context, for me, I agree completely that the “unread” badge for main inbox can become, well, daunting.

1 Like

Short answer, yes, it’s an issue — but not in the top few affecting climate change. However, it is growing very quickly, now that data is basically seen as the most valuable commodity on the planet (really “information” in library & information studies parlance).

1 Like

I was hitting the 40k unread work emails on a regular basis till we migrated to Office 365 and our mail team configged it to auto archive messages after 6 mths - read or not. Now when I need to screen share it’s only a mildly embarrassing 12k.

On a side note I ran a little experiment over the summer when I took a 4-week vacation. I purposefully did not read a single missed email. People who matter most knew I was away so instead of taking days and days catching up - I just jumped back into work with the mindset that if something was important I’d probably hear about it via reminder. The result - zero issues plus a newfound sense of liberation to really disconnect from work. Try it!

3 Likes

There is only one filter you need for work:

1 Like

Ha, I like the other two data metrics here, 1 unread message and an 18% battery! Surely this low battery is due to carrying all those messages.

Close to breaking the quarter million unread work emails.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.