Jacob Appelbaum explains surveillance to the EuroParl

[Permalink]

2 Likes

My partner woke up in the middle of the night with men with night vision goggles watching her sleep in her own home.

That sounds like a scene out of Brazil.

Did he mean that literally, or as a metaphor for what it means that the NSA might be watching through your web cam?

Yes, we are living in THAT reality.

2 Likes

Bruce Campbell is an EU MP? Good for him.

1 Like

No, literally. I’ve heard the story. It’s terrifying.

5 Likes

As interesting as this is - can anybody point out any more highlights? Unfortunately I don’t quite have 3.5h to kill today.

4 Likes

A shorter video featuring Appelbaum reading an acceptance speech by Edward Snowden for receiving a whistle blower award, and some extra words:

3 Likes

Appelbaum first speaks from 21:52-37:26, and then answers questions 2:23:03-2:44:04.

4 Likes

But since he’s not the only one with something valuable to say, I recommend taking the time to watch the whole thing. I’m working my way through it, even though I should have been in bed 2 hours ago.

1 Like

It’s not easy being Jacob Appelbaum. He gets continually harassed and shaken down nearly everywhere he travels.

“Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts… perhaps the fear of a loss of power.”

1 Like

I actually listened/watched the entire video. I like to see the questions in respect to the answers.

The information provided was great and in-depth. The questions by the various members of the European Parliament indicated that while some have some knowledge on the subject…many don’t and that is very disturbing. I would think that it is the duty of all the members to proceed with individual investigations on the issues.

I am encouraged that the testimonies are causing justifiable concern of the members and setting them on the Path of Truth.

TQQdles™

This is required viewing and I give it two ‘thumbs up’…‘likes’… ‘bananas’… whatever!
Two of them I say!

Wow. Jacob Applebaum is my new hero. Very clear, direct, and an excellent speaker covering a terrifying topic. The bit about using various selectors to identify an individual and then use that info to kill them… Yikes!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.