JFK TSA agent arrested for stealing $61 out of passenger's wallet during screening

[Read the post]

1 Like

Should’a only taken $20. Then nobody would have noticed…

1 Like

Surprised they didn’t just declare it Civil Forfeiture.

11 Likes

They’re not even trying to pretend anymore.

4 Likes

Oh so now it’ll be the War on TSA Agents I suppose…oh yeah one more thing… !!!

3 Likes

Cash is a liquid asset.

5 Likes

The lowest bidder…

2 Likes

I find this so frustrating. Here’s a thought, you can’t hire low skill people, pay them the minimum, fail to train them or treat them as respected professionals and then expect them to be professionals. Last time I flew internationally I was so impressed by the Quebec security officers. Clearly highly trained, very experienced and knowledgeable individuals. Quality and professionalism cost money, but we persist in thinking humans are interchangeable widgets.

9 Likes

Why can’t we look to how our perpetual friends in Israel address this problem, they seem to have pretty good success - oh wait, that requires basically everything you just mentioned and here in 'Merika we want to solve security theater with fast food type solutions - lowest common denominator performing repetitive tasks which can be trained via a quick sit in front of a TV with a training video.

Don’t worry! A free capitalistic market solves ALL PROBLEMS! :smile:

3 Likes

Considering the TSA is mainly there to make the white folks feel safe from ‘THEM!’, not really a surprise they aren’t trained that.

3 Likes

I don’t know anyone who thinks the TSA is keeping them safe.

4 Likes

My grandmother does. But she’s become a little more skeptical since I pointed out that the TSA has stopped fewer bomb plots than the freaking baggage handler’s union.

4 Likes

Your evident hatred of America and Values saddens me.

All we need is a second enforcement layer(maybe we can call them metacops, with due apologies to Stevenson?) to intimidate and brutalize the first enforcement layer into compliance. Terrified, obsequious, servility is almost like professionalism; and without the need to provide the filthy guard labor with extra money or dignity!

2 Likes

Given the TSA’s astronomically high miss rate against their own test devices; I’d be much more scared if they actually stopped a bomb plot, since that would suggest either a stroke of improbably superb luck or the possibility that bomb plots are becoming vastly more common.

4 Likes

By the time some minimum wage scrub in the TSA finds a bomb, it’s already too late anyway. It’s not like they have even odds of detecting a bomb, so that means that there’s probably been lots of bombs waltzing through while they were busy pulling out people’s colostomy bags, and making new mothers dump out their formula.

2 Likes

We have that; it’s called management.

What’s needed is that we simply acknowledge that security is theater, and treat it as such. Bring in the best minds in Hollywood to deliver a powerful experience of safety and a determination to stop evil. It might involve dressing the agents up in capes and tights, but let’s see what the real experts come up with.

2 Likes

I’m most surprised that he was fired.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.