Joe Biden, failing to support legalized marijuana, still thinks it may be a gateway drug

For Uncle Joe whom that would entail admitting responsibility for the damage of that war, no amount of data will convince him to face or admit the reality.

16 Likes

Life is the gateway drug to death.

15 Likes

Life: no one gets out alive.

8 Likes

Joe Biden is simply incapable of keeping his foot out of his mouthhole.

Does he have no advisors under the age of 75 to remind him that “gateway drug” was a propaganda phrase used to criminalize pot, and that idea has been debunked by the fact that 100,000,000 people have used it for years without becoming raving heroin addicts? He might as well claim that Twinkies are “gateway drugs”.

17 Likes

Biden, intellectually lazy or dishonest?

tenor-2

22 Likes

Let’s give great grandpa kudos for finally moving past “Just Say No.” Just think, in another 30 years he will be all for legalization.

13 Likes

Do you mean conservatives, war capitalists, and cops? Fuck no. /s

13 Likes

Not a big thing to me. For once politicians can scream “State Rights!” and I’ll support them. Cannabis is good for everyone. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Could it be that he wants to hoover up large campaign contributions from pharma companies who would prefer that pot remain illegal? At least until they can figure out how to monetize it for themselves?

13 Likes

For-profit prisons are also massive contributors to neoliberal campaigns. They want candidates who will keep their plantations stocked with free labor.

17 Likes

What’s with all the ageist bitching about how old he is, and thus out of touch? Bernie and Warren are around the same age, and not attached to an uniformed position on this. Also, how did cool, youthful Barack Obama do on legalizing weed during his eight years? Is anyone going to argue he failed to take action because he was black? Fuck all y’all who are lazily trying to draw a connection between age and the ability to be informed and progressive on an issue.

10 Likes

Seems a bit harsh, but the point is well taken. Biden shouldn’t be excused from having an informed view because of his age.

17 Likes

tumblr_mmoo2oNTrH1rjxj9ko1_250

9 Likes

I want to add as a possible reason:

So fully committed to the sunk cost fallacy of a lifetime of anti-marijuana propaganda that he is literally incapable of conceiving that it was all cooked up to feed the prison-industrial complex.

23 Likes

It’s not his age, it’s what he did with his life that’s reprehensible.

17 Likes

So this decision is playing out horribly on BB naturally, but I bet it’s a huge plus in his book in the black southern preacher demographic, and that’s the one that basically sealed the win for Hillary last time. The people who think this is a terrible move on his part weren’t voting for Biden anyway and it shores up his base in South Carolina, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, Virginia, etc…

1 Like

Wasn’t it cooked up to suppress the votes of hippies and black people?

15 Likes

I’d be very curious if there is data to support that. It seems to be a bit counter-intuitive, given the racial disparities in the effects of our drug laws.

3 Likes

11 Likes

To be fair he didn’t try to put pressure on states to not choose their own paths (i.e. no linking of highway funding to drug policy, let alone attempting to challenge the states to the right to legalize). He also didn’t bend over backwards to instruct federal agencies to NOT enforce existing laws about MJ in states that have legalized it.

3 Likes