Kentucky Fried Chicken and Crocs collaborate to make clog with plastic meat appliques

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/17/kentucky-fried-chicken-and-cro.html

3 Likes

giphy

13 Likes

5 Likes

Kids are going to be eating those.
Dogs too.

I foresee an uptick in ER visits.

7 Likes

I was going to give these all of a minute of life span with a small dog, 30 seconds with a midsize dog and less than 10 seconds with a large dog.

6 Likes

I can count the number of times I’ve heard “I really want a shoe that looks like it has pieces of fried chicken stuck on it” on no hands.

6 Likes

KFC isn’t even about selling chicken anymore, is it? I remember BB covering a weird video game and camping gear. Their TV ads are usually satisfying weird. If I was looking for a marketing team, I’d steal theirs. I dislike their food, but I guess I’m a fan of the brand.

2 Likes

Rule 34 has finally gone too far.

5 Likes

Mac Sabbath’s Grimalice approves.

2 Likes

KFC Exec: “Ha! Whose stupid idea was that? No prob. We’ll still make money on it!”
Crocs Exec: “Ha! Whose stupid idea was that? No prob. We’ll still make money on it!”

4 Likes

You know those exercises that go, try to imagine what your average daily life scene looks like to a transplanted-in-time George Washington or whoever, and how you’d explain cell phones to them?

5 Likes

Well it’s not like you can make Crocs any uglier. I kinda like the idea of Crocs becoming the next Bearbrick, using the shoe as a blank canvas.

1 Like

This is not the sort of clog I usually associate with KFC.

12 Likes

Can someone please explain to me what the fuck is going on? I don’t mean these crocs, just, you know, in general.

12 Likes

I’m going with we are stuck in a simulation and it is being run by an 8 year old. Nothing else makes sense anymore.

9 Likes

Perfect gift for your vegan / veggie friend.

3 Likes

Don’t worry about global warming, wealth inequality and the self-destruction of the human race

11 Likes

Possible these are just some vaporware product. Generates buzz, but try to actually order a pair (God, why?) and they’ll be out-of-stock, because… demand.

Sort of like:

4 Likes

Burger King Exec: “Crap! why can’t we think of this stuff!?”

3 Likes

We really are living in hell, aren’t we.

6 Likes