Kickstarting a port of Glorantha to the D20 system

Also coming soon: Shadowrun D20, Edge of the Empire D20, and Settlers of Catan D20!

1 Like

And I donā€™t think you could represent Glorantha accurately using the traditional classes from d20.

Sure you can-- your class is your cult. At lower levels, you are free to explore the world. At higher levels you are free to use your epic powers doing what your god tells you to do.

How is this different than a standard D&D campaign?

Thereā€™s a tithing requirement built into the rules.

1 Like

Jeff is on Berlin time and doubtless asleep, so Iā€™ll reply - yes, Jeff is with Moon Design and is the author of the previously-Kickstarted Guide to Glorantha! Heā€™ll be writing The Glorantha Source Book as a system-neutral companion volume to 13th Age in Glorantha. (Iā€™m the community manager for 13th Age and Pelgrane Press.)

The questions people are asking in this thread - how magic will work, how classes will work, why did Moon Design think 13th Age would be a good fit for the setting - are answered in this interview with Jeff and Rob Heinsoo on the Idle Red Hands podcast, and at the 13th Age in Glorantha website.

4 Likes

Itā€™s not the D20 youā€™re thinking of - the system is 13th Age, the RPG by Rob Heinsoo and Jonathan Tweet that uses the d20 SRD for much of its backbone along with new story-driven mechanics. It came out at last yearā€™s Gen Con. Mike Mearls is a fan, and some of the gameā€™s approach found its way into 5e.

1 Like

You mean in addition to the soda and snacks fund pool?

Man, Iā€™ve had some egotistical GMs, but thatā€™s taking the whole ā€œI Am Your God!ā€ shtick a bit far, no?

1 Like

I saw the illustration and thought of Arnold ā€œThe Mormon Frazettaā€ Friberg.

https://www.google.com/search?q=book+of+mormon+arnold+friberg&tbm=isch

2 Likes

Excellent!

I am glad to hear from you!

I hope your will remain part of the BB forums comunity :smile:

2 Likes

Oh! That changes everything! :smiley:

I thought 13th Age had itĀ“s own system, thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.