Kids crayon-colored thousands of frames to help animate this music video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/11/kids-crayon-colored-thousands.html

3 Likes

The video is cool, though it seems like it’s the product of unpaid child labor.

Gotta include the original song too (which I personally prefer, but I’m obsessed with KB):

11 Likes

this would have been cool if they did a paint by numbers type thing. the different shades of colors and amount of pressure applied by each kid would give it a hand drawn shimmering effect but would be more easy on the eyes.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking that it WALT had figured out how to use child labor like this, he would have been able to bust the unions real easy…

3 Likes

Capitalism is fucking scheming, yo.

Share of budget and points on the back end or GTFO.

2 Likes

Shhh - let people enjoy the pretty pictures. Also they were paid in exposure, which I have been repeatedly been assured is a real currency.

5 Likes

Fist bump for the KB love.

3 Likes

The Kate Bush music video I love is Cloudbusting.

8 Likes

I really love her choreography for “Hammer Horror” and “Them Heavy People”:

But there’s something about the pure 80’s bliss of the video for “The Big Sky” that I can’t get enough of:

Of course, there’s so much more than just these to enjoy!

2 Likes

giphy

Whenever I’m feeling a little sad, I just watch this and it cheers me right up…

4 Likes

Since you posted this, YouTube has started recommending Debbie Downer videos to me. I’m not kidding.

I’ve been procrastinating switching back to Firefox from Chrome for far too long. I guess it’s finally time.

4 Likes

I’ve always wondered what goes through the minds of songwriter/singers who do covers that are not artistically different from the original versions and – therefore – become peripheral.

1 Like

Whoa. I’m sorry and that’s creepy. So they’re scanning images on pages you look at somehow? If it was an tracked ad or something you searches for it would make sense, but this is someone’s random upload from giphy. Nuts…

I know, right? It’s next-level creepy.

Of course it’s possible that Google isn’t scanning the images, but instead they’ve somehow independently determined I’m a debbie downer.

Though scanning the images seems more plausible.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.