Lawsuits loom for DoorDash

Originally published at: Lawsuits loom for DoorDash | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Doesn’t Apple take a significantly higher percentage of sales out of apps that go through their store than Android? Is that the reason for higher fees?

I remember Epic Games wanting to charge more for their Fortnite in store purchases.

2 Likes

I think they’re both 30 percent.

2 Likes

I thought that too but Google have long since raised their fees to match Apple.

Monopolists going to monopoly price!

3 Likes

I don’t use these apps anyways just because of this:
https://www.sfgate.com/food/article/sf-little-star-pizza-challenges-food-delivery-apps-18142694.php
The restaurateur should be paid their normal retail price, period. If the app want to charge a listing fee and all their other parasitic charges, then it should be itemized and disclosed at purchase time so the consumer can make a well informed decision.

4 Likes

Door Dash has the habit of creating their own menus for places-one bakery I worked at kept seeing people order sandwiches we didn’t make. No surprise at all that they deceive people with their pricing.

5 Likes

F*ck DoorDash and all other gig-worker corporate vampires. There. That’s my incredibly valuable contribution to this conversation. So sick of this crap.

4 Likes

As someone who lives in Maryland, we’ve got a lot of hungry lawyers cluttering up the place. I’d wish DoorDash good luck, but, I hate `em ever since reading an in-depth study of their business practices.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.