LeMonde reporters say they saw Syria chemical attacks on rebels

Oh, and from here to Syria there isn’t a single ocean.

Ah, that explains why you’re actually well informed on this subject.

Reporters risk their lives for shit and giggles, it’s their job, they are as insane as professional motorbike racers. There’s a big macho culture in news-reporting from hot zones.

These things are undeniable, but I still wonder whether standard levels of journo craziness are enough to make them do it for the express purpose of writing lies. It seems like if they’re there for the adrenaline fix then they might as well be telling the story of what is happening. In any case, don’t you find it interesting that newsmedia from a variety of countries report almost universally? No serious newspapers are, as Cow would have you believe, suggesting that people siding with the FSA unequivocally haven’t used chemical weapons.

This is supposed to be a gotcha moment? I wouldn’t be surprised if he used the weapons and I advocate staying out. Such naivete, maybe this one time in history will be the exception where Western meddling doesn’t completely fuck things up worse and contribute to even more suffering on down the line. Maybe this will be the one time history is bucked… Oh, and make sure to pick and choose your atrocities as well. Lord knows tiny countries can’t act unilaterally when Western countries (or tyrannical allies) commit them with impunity.

1 Like

Thing is, your side is always wrong. ALWAYS. Have some f’ing shame.

The benefit of being a hawk, after all, is that your beliefs remain reality-resistant. You can fail again and again and again, and your opposition can be proven right again and again and again, and you will suffer no professional or social consequences. For the unprincipled opportunists who choke our media, this represents no problem. For the true believers, those righteous moral hawks, I see pain - They will once again be surprised to find that they live in a world that is indifferent to their bountiful caring, a broken world, a cruel world, one beyond saving through passion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.