Lickspittle consigliere: how the super-rich abuse their wealth managers as loyalty tests

I “know a guy”, it’s not Scottish, but it’s the real deal from the West of Ireland and real smoke in a real proper house.

I can hook you up if you like.

Bulk might be an issue.

I don’t think that’s always the case, not if the customer is asking for something dehumanizing. There is treating customers well and then there is enabling assholes.

5 Likes

What? But I thought making people grovel is what money is for!

4 Likes

Apparently, some people think so… but really it’s a way to exchange goods and services in a society that isn’t localized and face to face anymore. :wink:

3 Likes

Especially in a waterlogged tux.

1 Like

3 Likes

Great Reply.

You are right. A professional always needs to draw boundaries. Based on your initial reply I mis-understood your point. Thanks for clearing that up!

Have a Great Day.

-Bizmail.

Look, that person could be you! Trust me on this; you just have to work really hard and believe everything I tell you, and it’ll all be yours - so you don’t want to do anything to sabotage your future economic predominance, OK?

Now email me all your credit card numbers.

2 Likes

Doesn’t he have a personal assistant or some other employee whose job it is to handle this sort of stuff?

1 Like

I have an aunt and uncle who know a guy who goes to Alaska to catch wild sock-eye salmon, smokes them and wins prizes wth that. Or possibly the catcher and smoker are two different people, I’m not sure. But it’s the best salmon I’ve ever tasted.

But 10,000 sides of salmon at the drop of a hat isn’t going to work.

1 Like

I thought originally that saying was about the collective customer. If your business fails, then it is pointless to complain about people not getting it, not giving you a chance or not being supportive. It would have been your job to offer something that appeals to them.

The interpretation that assholes should win every argument came later.

1 Like

I think you’re right there. But it also seems the later interpretation is what is winning out as of late.

1 Like

Yeah, If I knew Ian Anderson, then maybe.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.