Lifehacks for sociopaths

I’ve plenty of tips and examples on things to say to the bus driver so you can get on the bus without paying bus fare, including the expression my face to obtaining free meals at a popular, relatively healthy fast food chain – but woud only consider telling a select few, not actually broadcast them.

Why? Because if I did, and it caught on, there’d eventually be policies implemented to make sure the bus driver or cashier, etc. would no long have their already limited of heart-of-gold juice, and thus ruin it for everyone.

Nice idea if you’re selling cards though (those cards), not the ones i sell on the street because I have to (i’m roofless).

Not sure how this one is “unethical”, unless you put all of capitalism under that category. I’m also wishing that they allowed user tags on these, so that I could put “could result in jail time for fraud”(or theft) on about a third of them.

2 Likes

LifeHacker.com has a whole week dedicated to this kind of thing every year. They call it “Evil Week”. I think they typically do it the week before Hallowe’en.

This just seems like the essence of marketing (or evangelism, but I repeat myself). I know quite a bit of the world is already like this, but even given the option between unemployment and marketing, I chose to keep looking. It just seems like a calculated subversion of the rules of politeness - for example, never become overtly impolite yourself, but make it so that the target will feel that they have to break one of their social principles of politeness in order to get out of the conversation. Use people’s good sides against them. Use social cues such as gifts, body language or signs of personal connection in a strategic way to close the sale. Give the target a sense of inadequacy so that they will want your product. Take advantage of flaws and weaknesses in the target to manipulate them into making a decision.

3 Likes

Sounds more like rape.

2 Likes

Past the extent necessarily to survive under capitalism, I do. :laughing:

Site itself reminds me of that “push this button or that” meme site in that the first thing I come upon when loading it is either ridiculously misogynistic, homophobic, transphobic, or {pick-your-poison}.

1 Like

The economic term for this is arbitrage, and is literally what every merchant in the marketplace is trying to do.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.