Lindsey Graham on Amy Coney Barrett: 'She is now on the court. Mission accomplished.'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/26/lindsey-graham-on-amy-coney-barrett-she-is-now-on-the-court-mission-accomplished.html

4 Likes

Time for a 13 justice Supreme Court.

51 Likes

Fuck, we should pack the hell out of it.

500 justices is likely to be way more representative of the american people than 9 or 12

33 Likes

Fuck you, Lindsey. And the rest of you too.

37 Likes

Mission accomplished.

I hope he chokes on it.

I’ll just put this out there:

42 Likes

The only consolation here is that Graham is going down like the whiny little POS he is.

41 Likes

I think people like Graham seem to not realize the people that are happy about this are very much less than the majority.

good luck douche bag

21 Likes

As in all things, he’s a scumbag hypocrite. I hope he loses his Senate seat over it, and loses the tacit ban on discussion of other aspects of his life with it.

43 Likes

there better be some cosmic justice that comes of this, that’s all i am clinging to at this point. right now. i’m 100% behind the idea of expanding the court to 25 justices, and stipulating that each president going forward can only seat one, until the max is reached. as it stands, the court now loses all legitimacy. it’s just a republican court – why should anyone care what they decide?

41 Likes

I’m going to laugh so hard if Lindsey loses his Senate seat in a week.

36 Likes

Not that I think you don’t know this but – Americans all HAVE to care, or should, because that ridiculous 9-person assemblage has so much fucking power.

32 Likes

Because laws are for little people like us.

LG can fuck the hell off of this planet.

29 Likes

well, that’s the point. they’ve proven that they have no reason to be “supreme”, or respected as such, any longer.

12 Likes

The majority this fucking dreg is joining just issued one of the most chilling opinions I’ve seen in a long while. If the clear messages Kavanaugh is sending in his concurrence don’t scare the piss out of you, then you’re not paying enough attention. These people are announcing to the world they are willing and eager to step into this election, cut off the count, and discard as many votes as it takes:

35 Likes

Sounds like a Hannity rant to me.

The FoxNews Court

21 Likes

If they want to break the law to create it as they break it then why would they ever think they have any legitimacy at all?

People actually following and believing the law is a thing and if ridiculous decisions come from these people there is nothing to stop every person in the country from simply ignoring their ruling.

It’s called civil disobedience.

We, in the end, ourselves, are the law in how we follow it- by abiding by it.

And I know all about abiding. And not.

Fuck you, Lindsey. You are garbage. human selling out humans and decency. You can lose and grovel.

10 Likes

Court Packing vs. Poison Pill

WaPo: Opinions: The prospect of years — maybe decades — of court rejection of significant legislation has caused some in the Democratic coalition to urge Congress to play hardball — perhaps by “packing” the court. Yet Congress has a more innovative and less radical option at its disposal — one that takes into account the very doctrines that conservative justices are inclined to use to invalidate progressive legislation. Call it the “poison pill”

7 Likes

Nancy Pelosi is too busy looking towards the future to deal with the problems of today.

“This year, I’m trying to win it two years in advance — by being so substantial in this election that as soon as we start into the next year, people will see our strength,” Pelosi told the Associated Press in an interview.

I wonder if the House could have stalled the Senate’s confirmation by throwing another impeachment in the works. They technically have to deal with impeachments before any other Senate business. But no. We didn’t go after Barr or Trump, even though there is quite a bit of new information since the last impeachment.

It makes Trump’s nasty little name calling of “Do-nothing Democrats” sting more than it ought to.

17 Likes

This is bad.

3 Likes

Theoretically yes but it comes at the cost of how it affects the election. People can pound sand all they want about how we don’t need to bother with moderate votes, but moderate votes won out 2018 and they are the only reason the Dems are competitive in so many battleground states.

6 Likes