List of cookies

I used to buy the McVittie’s “digestives” similar to the ones in the photo. They are remarkably bland, and surprisingly enjoyable considering how bland they are.

3 Likes

No Iced Vovos. :frowning2:

3 Likes

I think my favorite plain (almost bland) type of cookie is Marie Biscuits. I have very fond memories of eating it with coffee for breakfast as a kid in Venezuela. They’re really nice as an ingredient for some layered pudding/custards too.

11 Likes

Why on earth are they called Mealy Grahams. Sounds horrible; they are surely McVities Digestives.

4 Likes

I think I’ve had these too. There is something to be said for “plain” cookies/biscuits.

1 Like

Aren’t those digestive bisquits?

Mealy grahams are just what digestives are called outside the Commonwealth

3 Likes

3 Likes

True. I can get them in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and they are still called “Digestives.”

6 Likes

I don’t know if they count as “digestive biscuits” but when I had toddlers I used to buy Parle-G from a nearby Indian market. They were cheap and tasty, like Nilla Wafers, but better.

3 Likes

Um, you noticed this was posted by Rob “Mr. Photoshop” Beschizza, right? Of course, they’re digestive biscuits:

4 Likes

Check Sweden in the winter.

Oh, Vovos

4 Likes

Best cookie ever.

6 Likes

Oh, it was a joke.

Ho ho, I’m splitting my sides laughing.

1 Like

Anyone who says otherwise is a liar, a bounder and a cad.

2 Likes

Indeed it is:

8 Likes

That would be a compound word and not a portmanteau.

1 Like

Jack-Russell-Shih-Tzu is a compound word. Jackshit is a portmanteau.

Spoon-knife is a compound word. Spife is a portmanteau.

1 Like

Portmanteaus are blend words where you truncate the stems of one or more the component words. With “Jackshit” you aren’t blending any words, merely mangling them at best. Maybe Jackshi, but not Jackshit.

1 Like