List of cookies

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/06/list-of-cookies.html

1 Like

Biscuits

6 Likes

Aren’t all Wikipedia pages basically their page on OCD but with different words?

12 Likes

Why can’t I sort this list by “Best?”

I need to confirm that chocolate chip is in its rightful place at the top.

14 Likes

BoingBoing.net’s official cookie list:

__qca, __qseg, _utma, _utmz, _forum_session, _ga, _gat, _gat, _scDealFeedWidgetGA, _t

22 Likes

Oatmeal raisin, you heretic!

11 Likes

I said I wanted a cookie, not breakfast.

11 Likes

This. This has merit.

6 Likes

It’s nice to see the elderly are getting on the internet.

21 Likes

Only if the word “portmanteau” is on the page.

4 Likes

That makes this the most Wikipedia page on Wikipedia.

7 Likes

It’s definitely high on the list. Speaking of which…

15 Likes

I am saddened that they don’t list the progeny of a Jack Russell terrier and a Shih-Tzu as a Jackshit, but finding out that a spoon-knife combo is called a spife almost makes up for it. Not completely, but almost.

11 Likes

Clicked through for the sole purpose of confirming that the page references itself.

7 Likes

Can we split the difference and have oatmeal chocolate chip? The first time I had one of those was the first time I understood what “best of both worlds” meant.

11 Likes

I want a “Mealy Worms” 'shoop of that box stat! Bonus points for a live-action 'shoop with a catchy jingle.

3 Likes

They didn’t miss anything. They’re not called Mealy Grahams in they UK - sounds like a pretty US brand name to me. They’re Digestive Biscuits.

7 Likes

I made ginger cookies yesterday which are amazing. I had one last night with some Armagnac, and am going to have one in a few minutes with some Assam tea.

7 Likes

What on earth are “Mealy Grahams” supposed to be? You won’t find anything called that in any UK supermarket, nor anyone who would have any idea what you were talking about if you asked. From the picture they look like Digestives, which are the archetypical biscuit. “Mealy Grahams” sounds too much like mealworms; you’d never sell any with such a daft name.

9 Likes

They do have a niche market…

15 Likes