Lobbyists release push-poll in an effort to tank Right to Repair bills and control independent security research

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/02/25/security-innovation-center.html

4 Likes

Figures.  

2 Likes

Well, I guess that, until Americans shows it can fix the basics, like healthcare, gun violence, and democracy, they shouldn’t be allowed to mess with important stuff like tractors, phones and fridges.

2 Likes

I’m less afraid of being eaten by a shark than being mauled by a bear, but I’d really like to avoid both.

5 Likes

Why is it that the bad guys always seem to have chillingly banal art assets?

3 Likes

Why is a non-profit trade association backing this?

1 Like

When I was a kid, my dad had a store that sold stereos, TV’s, pianos and small appliances. He also had a repair shop. If I’m not mistaken, the repair shop was the money maker.

Don’t fight it folks! Make money from it!

1 Like

To someone unschooled in this, the website looks legitimate. However, it’s no different than those websites selling fake anti-virus software.
I guess we now live in an age where we need to be aware that there are fake security consultants/groups.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.