Loop-a-Lot (1966) crummy toy commerical

Well I may not be a rocket scientist, but…

2 Likes

“Loop-a-Lot (1966) crummy toy commerical”

You know, I enjoy reading post titles where absolutely every single word is perfectly true.

That’s all.

In the 1960ies / 1970ies, you had to have German scientists if anyone were to take you serious as a world power.

Especially when work with primates was involved

1 Like

So at least to some degree, the “daffy German scientist” bit in entertainment was intended to make the idea of former-Nazi scientists working for the U.S. more palatable to the general public. Look how fussy and harmless they are!

Also, this little passage from that Wikipedia entry strikes some chilling parallels to the attitude of von Trump’s America:

“By [Braun’s] own account, he had been so influenced by the early Nazi promise of release from the post–World War I economic effects, that his patriotic feelings had increased.[citation needed] In a 1952 memoir article he admitted that, at that time, he “fared relatively rather well under totalitarianism”.[20]:96–97 Yet, he also wrote that “to us, Hitler was still only a pompous fool with a Charlie Chaplin moustache”[21] and that he perceived him as “another Napoleon” who was “wholly without scruples, a godless man who thought himself the only god”.[22]”

1 Like

lance must have fallen on hard times. i blame the music industry. i bet they stole all that loot lance made with his band the evolution revolution.

1 Like

get yours now, in the boingboing store.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.