Lovecraftian letters: magnetic fridge-poetry from the eldritch realms

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/03/lovecraftian-letters-magnetic.html

1 Like

Perfect for Racist Scrabble.

2 Likes

L̻͕̻̱̕e̘̻͔͓̹͉͕ar͖̺͈̲̩̳n̶̯̫̳ ̛̘͚͙̮A̩P̬̝͕̦͔̩L͎̺͔̭̙,̸̮ ̱̦a҉n̼̺̼̘͓̟d̺̱̺̦̀ ̮͉̪͎̪̮y̨̼̲o̟͢u͏͈͎͈̪̟͖̜ ̫͕c̱a̯̭̺̙̣n̟͚̮͉͍ ̺͍͖̯ͅc̼̫̼͉̫̱͈͜r͖é̥̞͈̮͕͓a̖͔̺̗̖̺̥ṯ̢̙̣̮͈̗̯e̞̲̱ͅ ̮͔̻̫̭̮̟͘a̼͙̟̱ ̤̻͞s̙̱͇͚̬c̘̤̻̪͎̫͚ri̗p͕̻͡t̥̝͓͕̱̜ͅ ̼̫͚t͏h̶͈̖a̶̦͎̹t҉͖͖̲ ̳no̡̬͕̝̦͔͈t̜̺̙̠̣̙ ̢̦͔̭̭o̳̮̠̣̭͉n͕̥͉̘l̴y̘̘̯̹ ̷ą̹ụ͍̺́t̘̀o̰̻m̪͎͈͖̟̗a̶̳t͇̼ḛ̖̱̘͕͍͚ș ̴͈̱̖ț̛̝̼̭ḥ̜̫͎̖ȩ ̻̜̺͓̬͕̺͡p͡r̛͎̦̱̖͚ͅo̟̼͉̳͍̼c̫̰͇̥͍͎ͅes̳̼̫̥̲̹ṣ͙̻̣̻̪,̛̭̟̫̜ͅ ̻̗̱͕͖̀b̸͈̦̱̣̮͉u͏͎̲̘t͖͇̮̥̫̱̳͢ ̸̘̼͈͔̹̬͕d̩ò͔e̴̟̙s̠ ͚͙͔̝̱̟so̘͔̱̭͇͜ ̠̪͚̜̞ef̖f̙͎̗͓̦̪e̸̙͚̠̙c͕̻t̬̻̭̝i̸͖̪͎͓͖̪͖v͖͡e̹͠ly̵̱̥̺,̤͕̮͔͡ ͙̗̬̬c̣̝̞̹̞̮̫a͈͝l̹͔l̺i̱̘̝̼̣ͅn̠͍̝g͕̗̞̘͖ ̭̮̼̠͍͚̥t̵̝̲ͅh̗e̳͎̳̪̺̥̪ ̱̣̩̥̲G̳̺r͍͕̬e̠̤̣̠a͔̱̘͙͇̞̮͘t͇͇̝̤ ̝͙͇O͏l̪͉̲͙̞͙͕d̛͓͎ ͏̤̼O͈̳̫n͜e҉͔ ̘̙͉̀o͇̺̭͚̟f̧̻̼ͅ ͍̰̳̪̤͉̟y̬ou̯̺͈̳̪͕̩r͏̮͉̯͚ͅ ̴̮̥̯͓̺̙c̵̘̼̯h̤͇̮̬̘̺o͙̥ị̙̻̞̜͡ͅc͚̘̝̪̦e̹̦̼̬̻̤͡ͅ.

3 Likes

Seriously?

Ya’ll are hooked, lined, and sinkered.

zzzzzz-wind-zzzzz-wind-zzzz-wind-tug-zzz-wind-tug harder-zz-wind-jerk-z-landed fish

I’m glad you’re here to be the self-appointed arbiter of what is and is not fun.

2 Likes

He’s not here anymore.

1 Like

So you are prejudiced against the mentally ill?

Sorry, I don’t follow.

Lovecraft had a brilliant and creative imagination. On the other hand, he came out of a background which would leave anyone disturbed. He was aware that his grandparents were first cousins and that this gave him a morbid fear that his own family line was tainted. The fact that his father and mother BOTH died in mental institutions certainly reinforced this fact. He got better as he got older, but he could never function in the normal world. His fear of his own family “degeneracy” fills all his own work from the amphibian-human hybrids of Innsmouth, the human-ape hybrids of “Arthur Jermyn”, and the decayed family of “The Lurking Fear” to the Whateleys having intercourse with alien “gods” in “The Dunwich Horror.” His racism was the projection of his own horror and disgust at what he saw as his own family decay onto anyone not a “proper” - i.e. “Pure” New England Yankee. He seems never to have actually had any true insight into this. Much of his work is violently racist muck - because he was himself a sick and frightened man - but that muck contains some true jewels of imagination and spiritual beauty, well worth the finding. His life is also well worth studying for insights into how racism evolves and how otherwise excellent minds can be bent and distorted.

It’s perfectly acceptable to make fun of racial eugenicist aspects of a person. You have absolutely no evidence that those beliefs stemmed from any mental illness.

2 Likes

And just in case any of the ten thousand are here:

http://www.beesgo.biz/horp.html

1 Like

Then it is perfectly acceptable to make fun of people who are offended by racism. What goes around comes around.

Your prejudices and knee-jerk stereotyping are showing.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.