Lovely photocopier art made with a desktop scanner and a lightbulb

Originally published at: Lovely photocopier art made with a desktop scanner and a lightbulb | Boing Boing

3 Likes

artists-statement

6 Likes

Beam weapons!

2 Likes

The form has clearly evolved since the butt shots of the 70’s.

4 Likes

Having free reign with a good photocopier was one of my favorite creative experiences as a teen. I loved blowing up monochrome postage stamps to huge detail, and pushing the contrast on color photos to make them harsh B&W with no grey in between.

A friend of mine’s very young daughter was allowed to use a scanner to create the back image on an LP he released.

5 Likes

Hold your hand on the platen, follow the scanner head and create really long fingers.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I too have dabbled at photocopier art in the early 90s, but what this reminds me even more of are the Man Ray rayographs: Man Ray (Emmanuel Radnitzky). Rayograph. 1922 | MoMA

3 Likes

Holy shit. I used to do this with text layers on an old inkjet color printer copier and then lovingly paint the resulting glitches back in art school. Long time ago though. Brings back memories…

3 Likes

Remembering that I paid $1k for a flatbed scanner before I ever owned a digital camera. Much love.

1 Like

Neat! That thing he does with the light in the video example reminds me of a trick for nighttime photography we learned. I think it’s called “light painting” and you just shine or flick a flashlight over the focal point during a long exposure. Can produce really cool effects!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.