Lukas and Willie Nelson performing "Watching the Wheels" for John Lennon's birthday

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/09/lukas-and-willie-nelson-performing-watching-the-wheels-for-john-lennons-birthday.html

5 Likes

That was beautifully done.

12 Likes

One of those songs that I appreciate the longer I live.

9 Likes

Gorgeous.

6 Likes

Man, Willie looks rough. He looks like he barely knows what to do with the guitar and they only gave him a few lines to sing. I’m a fan, I’m not crapping on him because I’m anti-country music or anything. Just - damn, Willie. Hold on, 2020 is bad enough already.

5 Likes

He has to outlast Keith Richards, at the very least.

4 Likes

Well Willie’s 9 years older than Keef, so there’s that.

5 Likes

Maybe, maybe not.
keith richards

7 Likes

I think one of them is his partner Patti Hansen? It looks like her, on his right.

I mean… he’s 87. Still pulled off some good licks, tho.
I really dig Lukas’ singing.

3 Likes

11 years older.

1 Like

I have the feeling that when I am Willie Nelson’s age, I will be in prime Halloween decoration condition.

3 Likes

One of my favorite Willie Nelson duets was with Ray Charles in Seven Spanish Angels.

Their two voices perfectly complemented each other, with Ray Charles powerful delivery contrasting Willie Nelson’s softer tone.

4 Likes

I love how much Lukas sounds like his dad, but he’s clearly taken some of Ray’s musical cues as well. In concert it’s really more audible when he starts to get pumped up by the crowd and really starts getting louder you can almost close your eyes and hear Willie and Ray mixing together.

6 Likes

Yeah, but for the past 20-30 years every time I’ve seen a picture of Willie I think “damn, he looks pretty good for his age” and this time I’m thinking “damn, he sure is 87, I hope he’s ok”

1 Like

Maybe 87, maybe only a few licks… But. Goosebumps.

2 Likes

Us both, so thank you for this image, it helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.